Toshiba is striking back at Dell today by announcing there very own set of lightweight and thin laptops, the T100 series. Available in two sizes, the smallest of them will weigh just 3.49lbs and measure less than an inch thick, which seems to have become so common these days it is the standard form for laptopping.
In any case, you can expect to get up to 9 hours of battery life thanks to Intel’s ultra-low voltage processors and Tosh’s 6-cell batteries. Other features included are a webcam with face recognition, WiFi b/g/n, Windows 7, 2x USB 2.0 ports, a combo eSata/USB port, HDMI port, DDR3 RAM, 5-in-1 memory card reader and 250GB of storage.
Toshiba’s T100 series will start at $449.99 and will be available October 22nd.
Features available on the Toshiba Satellite T115 include:
- 11.6-inch diagonal widescreen HD TruBrite™ LED Backlit display
- Windows® 7 Home Premium operating system
- Intel® Pentium® processor SU4100 or Intel® Celeron® processor 7435
- DDR3 RAM6
- Starting at 250GB (5400 RPM) HDD7
- 802.11b/g/n wireless8 10/100 Ethernet
- Toshiba Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Touch Pad with Multi-touch Control
- Lightweight at only 3.49 lbs.2
- Long-life 6-cell battery delivering up to 9 hours of battery life3
- One eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep-and-Charge4 and two USB 2.0 ports
- HDMI port
- Built-in Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition, stereo speakers and microphone
- Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader Slot